Last week my mother retaught me how to make homemade bread - I've always loved the fresh, warm loaves that she would often make, homemade bread is best warm out of the oven with butter on it! I have not dared make bread since I have been married because the oven at our apartment would always bake so much hotter - I could bake a cake mix cake in half the allotted time :S so I didn't want to chance ruining home made bread. This past Friday my mother came over to entertain McKenna, since there are times she just wants to be loved and given attention :), and I tried my first batch of almost solo bread baking.
 |
| My Mom keeping McKenna happy while I mixed up the dough |
I feel very blessed to be raised by a mother who has taken the initiative to teach me homemaking skills such as cooking, baking, cleaning, as well as quilting and other skills that are becoming lost among many of the women who grow up today. I am also thankful for a wonderful, sweet, grandmother who would also entertain a young granddaughter in the kitchen letting me work alongside her - I still remember vividly baking yummy cinnamon rolls with Grandma Wilson and helping her to cut them with the string.
 |
| Bread before it went in the oven, cross your fingers for no splits or bubbles! |
Surprisingly, the bread turned out great, I was surprised - and it made my house smell so yummy! It felt so good to be self sufficient like this and to see the five big loaves and two small ones sitting on the counter. What was even better was the hot bread we had for lunch that day! Thank you mom for being willing to teach me skills like this - I am excited to teach my little girl how to bake bread and many other things as well.
 |
| The yummy outcome of a mornings hard work! Only one split, the one we cut into for lunch! |
|
|
 |
| Daniel had a fun autumn photo idea so we gave it a try this weekend and I thought I would share, I think the pictures turned out darling! This little red head does all colors! :) We are having so much fun - and she is so patient with us, and our crazy ideas! |
 |
| This little sweetheart did so well, after we put her to sleep :) |
Good for you! The pictures turned out so, so cute!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I love these pictures! And I can smell the bread from clear over here - good job, on all counts!
ReplyDelete