This past weekend Daniel and I went on our first ever camping trip with just the two of us. We pulled his Dad's trailer up on Thousand Lakes and found ourselves a nice, quiet camp spot a ways from the road. 


We tried fishing the first day, but gave up due to the wind - which was miserable. We decided to fair the wind via the four-wheeler and go shed hunting. After taking a 2 to 2.5 hour hike to try and see if Daniel had seen a shed or if it was truly a stick, we walked back to the four-wheeler empty handed. Driving down the road I spotted this little beauty poking up through the sage brush, only able to see the one tine.
Upon picking it up, it was a nice, little brown 5 point elk shed, not bad for my first elk shed Daniel says.
We didn't get totally skunked, Daniel spotted a 4 point Deer shed from the road as well. It was a fun weekend to be able to get away with just the two of us. Even though we don't have kids, we don't get very much alone time because of the busy lives we both still lead. We are planning to go again as soon as we can.
Looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to find time to be together! It shouldn't be so hard sometimes!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you did really well shed hunting! Good job!
What a fun weekend. Looks like you had a great time!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI love that you went camping. Brian and I went up Huntington canyon this week camping also. It was fun for just the two of us to get away! I guess great minds think alike! HA HA
ReplyDeleteHOW FUN!:) Stevie has wanted to go camping forever but we just haven't got around to it yet! Looks like you had fun though....good spot on the sheds! Pretty impressive...I would probably never end up being able to do that! Hope everything is going good for you guys!!
ReplyDelete